Monday 6 October 2008

Seth & Superman

I've read a couple of books by Seth over the past few weeks, which I found in the Central Library. They're great. But Clyde Fans Book 1 makes Waiting for Godot look like a Laurel & Hardy film and Bannock, Beans & Black Tea moved me to tears.

I've also read JLA: Superpower, given to me by a work colleague and this was depressing as well. And features Superman having some existential doubts about truth, justice and the American way!

On a positive note I have almost written the opening paragraph to the story. In my head though. I haven't actually written anything down. That would be a bit too much like commitment.

Whilst writing this last sentence I realised that we're actually doing 'it' next week. Crikey.

I may well read some Calvin & Hobbes tonight or maybe some early Tom Strong.

No, on second thoughts those are both exceptionally well made pieces and will serve to remind me about the mountain that Alex and I are aiming to start climbing.

Maybe some Zot! then. Not that it's bad, it's great but seems achievable.

I've also got to get a new front headlight for the car. Not that that has any direct relevance to the story... yet.
.

C

No comments: