Thursday 9 October 2008

The First Sentence

will be 'Einstein was wrong.'

The first frame will be this sentence typed into the screen of a broken laptop.

Then there'll be an explanation as to what Einstein was wrong about. It'll involve dice and chance and numbers and whatnot.

I've been reading the Calvin & Hobbes Tenth Anniversary Book, its a few years since I picked up any Calvin & Hobbes and I'd forgotten just how funny, poignant and well crafted they are.

The following quite may well be pinned to one of our walls somewhere,

'The best comics expose human nature and help us laugh at our own stupidity and hypocrisy. They indulge in exaggeration and absurdity, helping us to see the world with fresh eyes and reminding us how important it is to play and be silly.'
Bill Watterson

Which I think applies as much to stuff like The X-Men as it does to the adventures of a six year old boy and his tiger.

I will try and make my writing more silly and playful


c

No comments: