Wednesday 26 November 2008

The difference between writing and drawing

The trouble with being a writer is that every so often ideas pop into your head, sometimes at inopportune moments.

I was day-dreaming yesterday about the beginning of a film that I'm currently working on and then started thinking about the start of the story and then started thinking whether its the best start possible. I think it very well maybe y'know.

However, I am seriously considering writing a prose prologue that Alan Moore, Grant Morrison and Neil Gaiman, to name but a few (I'm aiming high aren't I), often have at the start of their work.

I may also start including footnotes as I get a lot of enjoyment from the silly ones in Terry Pratchett books.

But absolutely no appendices, they used to do my head in when I read Lord of The Rings as a teenager. But not as much as the songs, oh boy.

.


C

No comments: